Tools and raw materials that are used for Plastic Inlay on wood are:
• Sheesham Wood: It is used mostly due to its properties like closed pack grains, has natural oil, is heavy, moderately coarse and has uniform texture.
• Chisels: Chisels of different shape are used to engrave the wooden block.
• Hex Saw: It is used for cutting the wood.
• Hand or Bow Drill: It is used for drilling purpose to make holes into required places.
• Hathodi (Hammer): Hammer is used to carve out the design on the wood by gently beating on the chisel. It is used for inlaying the plastic or metal wire into the wood. These hammers are mostly square and circular headed.
• Scrapper: It is used to plain/smoothen the surface of the wood in manufacturing and finishing.
• Fevicol: A mixture of Fevicol and wooden powder dust is mixed and used as putty to fill the gaps.
• Wooden Powder Dust: It is mixed with Fevicol and the paste is applied to fill the gaps between inlay and wood.