Presentation on Final Design Solution of your Private Enterprise
- Each group has to make a video of their presentations a of the 5 weeks work – in about 15 mins. Duration and upload this in google classroom
- The presentation needs to be professionally done.
- The presentation needs to include your Final Concept along with Demonstration of the prototype + your business pitch
- Feedback from faculty
Presentation (overall) should include:
- WHO – team composition
- WHAT – what was designed and for whom?
- WHY – why was this an important problem to address?
- Issues - what were the problems encountered?
- HOW – what was the process used in the design?
- Design – what was designed?
- show iterations of the design evolution
- demonstrate your final design (maybe use scenario)
- show highlights of the prototyping story
- Next steps?
Task 1: Prepare a presentation (of 12minutes duration) to include all the stages of your project:
a. Title of the Design Project or Problem Statement
b. Team members
c. Summary/content listing of your presentation
d. World views
e. Insights from Primary and Secondary Research (mention who are your competitors)
f. Major design opportunities
g. Restatement of the problem / Design Objectives / Design Goals
h. Overview of your ideas
i. Alternate Concepts (sketches + quick scenarios + concept models)
j. User Feedback
k. Final Concept and its unique features
l. Final Scenario
m. Form and Interface Development
o. Proposed routes/distribution channels
p. Proposed revenue model
q. IP is associated with your innovation/technology
r. Future steps
s. Full References
t. Acknowledgments – to all who have helped
a. Present in an engaging and crisp manner
b. Design the slides/visuals to reflect the relevance of your topic
c. Use your communication design skills to make the presentation visual
d. Design proper layout; use appropriate type, colour and background
e. Its nicer if all the team members take turns in presenting
f. It makes sense to have main titles, sub titles and then running text/images
g. Have a summary/content slide in the beginning
h. Make good use of appropriate medias in the presentation
i. Use appropriately theatre, drama, story, scenarios, video, etc. to convey your ideas
j. Preparing a script is a good idea – reading text from the slide should be avoided
k. Never underestimate the need to rehearse. This can be usefully done alone, with team members, and with novice audiences. Video tape your self (to get confidence).
l. Never underestimate how long it takes to describe things clearly to a novice audience.
m. Never underestimate how little the audience knows about what is so interesting about your project.
n. Do not be dull when you speak, audiences want to engage in your enthusiasm.
o. Make slides visible from the back of a room (try them out!)
p. Do not talk over any audio in your presentation.
a) Updated project Report
b) Video Presentation of 12 minutes – both slides + Final Video/Demo of Prototype
c) A 250 word synopsis of the project along with the title, keywords and name of team members
d) 3-4 high resolution images of your final design (1200 x 800 x 300 dpi)