Jump to navigation
Tools and raw materials that are used for spinning are:
• Handloom: Handloom is essential for weaving.
• Loaded Pirns: Fully loaded pirns are attached to the fly shuttle.
• Loaded Spindle: Fully loaded spindles are used for weaving.
• Fly Shuttle: It is used to insert the weft yarns for weaving.
• Colored Silk Yarn: For weaving, colored silk yarns are mostly preferred, as it makes beautiful sarees.
• Gondhu Pasai (Local Gum): It is mixed with water to form a paste that is applied to the sarees to give it appropriate stiffness.
• Jacquard Punch Card: It simplifies the process of weaving complex patterns like brocade, damask, and matelassé fabrics.